Monday, June 1, 2009

Something big happened

When I mentioned in my last post that I would tell you about our exciting memorial day week, including a family reunion and birthday party, I was forced to leave out the biggest news of the week. I was sworn to secrecy but I can now tell you all that my sister, Bekah, is ENGAGED!!!! She wanted time to tell friends and family before I posted the news. We are so excited for her and her fiance Hugh. Here is a picture of them from Thanksgiving forever ago...why I don't have any other pictures of them I am not sure....


Hugh is a wonderful person and we are truly looking forward to him being the newest member of our family. Planning a wedding is so much work but it is also so much fun. Bekah is coming to Birmingham for a visit (and to show off her beautiful ring) on Wednesday and I am so looking forward to talking details :)

Now for the rest of the memorial week recap.... Hannah, Lily and I arrived in Florence on Saturday for a family reunion. When we got to my mom's house we had to quickly eat, change and rush to the reunion. In all the commotion I forgot my camera so unfortunately I have no pictures to show. We had a great time though. The food was yummy and we enjoyed visiting with family that I had not seen in quite some time.

We spent the rest of the weekend visiting with my aunt, Beth, and uncle, Eddie, and their family who were visiting from Atlanta. They have three cute kids...Julia (8), Rebekah (6) and Ella (3)...who provided Hannah with lots to do. My mom is lucky enough to live directly across the street from her sister, Cathy, so we also spent some quality time with Cathy and cousins, Trey (18) and Maggie (7). Julia turned 8 on Monday so we celebrated with a small party at Cathy's house. Here is the birthday girl and her sister smiling for the camera...


Hannah enjoyed the yummy cookie cake...


Lily really wanted some of that cake!...


Six of the cutest kids I have ever seen!!!....


It is rare that the Ray family makes it over to Florence so it was a real treat spending time with them in Florence.

We spent a few more days visiting with mom and then hurried back to Birmingham for a swim party at the Franklin's house.

The weather was sunny but a little chilly. That, of course, did not stop the kids from playing in the water. Hannah was purple and shaking but still begging me to let her get back in the water. We had a great time visiting with friends and the kids finished off the afternoon with some out of water playtime and popsicles.



There is nothing like the smell of sunscreen and a popsicle stained mouth on your child to start summer!

We capped off a very busy week with Lily's 6 month photos at our house. Like her 3 month pictures both Hannah and Lily were a little sick and cranky but I thought the pictures turned out great thanks to our wonderful photographer. You can see the slideshow here...http://www.jenniferhaglerphotography.com/files/hannahlily6m/iframe.html.

Whew!! It was quite a week but so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. SISTER...so sweet to mention ME in the blog!!! I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple of days. I viewed the 6 mo pics...BEAUTIFUL!! Lily and Hannah are beyond beautiful...angelic...although, I know one wasn't in the best of moods that day;-) You and Matt are truly blessed with those two...I should say I'm blessed as well. As always, thank you for sharing!!!!--B

    ReplyDelete