Friday, June 19, 2009

Hannah's room

...is still under construction. I should have known better than to say it would be done in early June. We are working on it when we have time and I thought I would show you our biggest feat. This little drawing...


turned into this massive piece...


I know I really need a wide angle lens to capture the entire built-in but you can see most of it in the image above. Matt and I make a great team because he loves to build and I love to paint so together we were able to finally complete this project. As you can imagine, it took quite some time to construct and boy did we go through some paint. It really is one of the most impressive things Matt has ever built and Hannah is going to be one organized 3 year old. The window seat, which will eventually have cushions, opens like this...


to hold all of her toys. The side cabinets open...


to hold puzzles, dress-up clothes, etc. Hannah's large book collection finally has a home on the shelves and is not overflowing into every other room in the house. I cannot wait to get everything organized and put away!

Now that the largest project is complete, hopefully we can finish the rest of her room sometime soon. I will keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. Sarah - this is impressive! I can only imagine of the stuff that Hannah must have at her age- how wonderful to be able to have such a great place to organize it! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very impressed too! And, her shelves are getting more and more organized...I hope you're coming to my house next;-)
    Love you much--B

    ReplyDelete