Friday, May 29, 2009

Endings and Beginnings

We are back from a fun and busy memorial day week in Florence that included a family reunion and a birthday party. More on that later but first I wanted to share some big happenings from last week.

Hannah wrapped up a wonderful year of mom's day out with an exciting last week of school. Her class created fun art projects and ended each day with a popsicle on the playground. One of my favorite art projects was this one which is now front and center on our fridge...


I snapped a quick pic of Hannah with two of the most wonderful teachers in the world...Ms. Bethany...



and Ms. Jamie....


Hannah was obviously having some issues about smiling for the camera but I wanted to capture her with two of the nicest, most loving women I know. They were both meant to care for children and I am so glad that they were part of our lives over the past year. It was a very bittersweet end to the school year because we will miss Ms. Bethany and Ms. Jamie dearly but I know Hannah has much more to learn and will hopefully cross paths with other wonderful teachers along the way.

Now on to beginnings... Lily has now entered the big girl world of table food with her first bites of cereal and applesauce last week. She promptly gagged and let out a cry after her first bite and repeated the gag and cry with each additional bite.


As you can see above she was literally pushing my hand away with a look of horror. Hannah got in on the action and tried to help but to no avail....


We quit after a few bites and I decided not to torture her over our time in Florence. Now that we are back I am going to give it another try. I have some tricks up my sleeve and soon she will hopefully love eating as much as her big sister did. We will see!!

1 comment:

  1. You did it sister...both of my precious nieces in this entry!!! I can't believe Lily didn't love "real people" food...in time. I'm uber excited about my upcoming visit to see you, matt and my two FAVORITE nieces. Much love--B

    ReplyDelete