Monday, June 15, 2009

The Park and a Taco

We spent this morning enjoying the sweltering heat at the park. We had to pass by the neighborhood pool on the way there and I could have jumped in clothes and all. I did manage to get a few good pics in though before we packed up and headed back to air conditioning...



I was carrying Lily in the Baby Bjorn at the park so I did not get any pictures of her. While Hannah napped today I decided to have a little mini-photo session with her to make up for it. My little Lils had lots of fun rolling around the bed playing with my sunglasses.



We ended our day today with one of my favorite suppers...fish tacos. Bekah requested this recipe so I thought I would post it for anyone who might be interested. It is super easy and very tasty.

Start by making a quick sauce. You will need these...


Mix 1/4 cup sour cream with 2 Tbsp lime juice (any kind is fine) and salt and pepper to taste.

Next chop about a 1/4 of a small head of red cabbage and 1/4 cup of onion (you can also use green onion)...


Mix the cabbage and onion with 1/2 of the sauce mixture...

Cook about 1 lb of tilapia in some olive oil for about 5 - 6 mins...


Put the fish in a tortilla - top with cabbage mixture, some of the remaining sauce and a little chopped cilantro...


and enjoy!...

2 comments:

  1. Thank you sister and Happy Belated Birthday!! I'm going to make these tacos sometime soon! Much love and thanks again for the recipe and the FABULOUS pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you read The Pioneer Woman blog? Your recipe photos remind me of her style. Love it. Fish tacos look delish, will be trying that soon!

    ReplyDelete