Saturday, June 13, 2009

Just Peachy

I could also have titled this post "A Little Slice of Heaven" and I will tell you why in just a minute. First I need to backtrack to this past Sunday. We ventured to Montgomery for some family time with Matt's parents, grandmother, aunt, uncle and cousins. Here is Matt with Grandma Brown....

Danny, who I mentioned here owns his own bbq restaurant in Carlsbad, New Mexico, cooked us up some of the most delicious chicken I have ever tasted! Here is Danny doing what he does best...


As Matt's dad said, it was "like having the Food Network come to your house" and he's not kidding! Danny spent the morning mixing, basting and grilling and it was wonderful. Here is the final result...


Now I am nowhere near as proficient as Danny in the kitchen but I did whip up a few things of my own this week. On our way to Montgomery on Sunday we stopped and bought these...


I sliced up some of the peaches and added some yogurt, granola and berries and made this for breakfast several times this week...


Hannah was a fan and so were my mom and Bekah. It would also make a tasty and healthy snack during the day.

Next, I saw a recipe for a peach and blackberry coffee cake in Southern Living that I had to try. This is where my "little slice of heaven" blog title would have been appropriate. Warning: Do not make this if you are trying any sort of portion control with food. It is good - really good and was gone literally within 24 hours.


You can find the recipe for this yumminess here. You may notice that my cake looks a little different than the one pictured with the recipe. I did not have a springform pan like the recipe calls for so I used my bundt cake pan. My cake did not hold together as well as it would have with the other pan but that is probably the only difference.

Finally, we took several of the remaining peaches and had some family time in the kitchen making peach ice cream. Hannah dressed for the occasion...


She helped mix the ingredients together...


and was the family taste tester...


She gave it a thumbs up and was definitely ready for seconds. Hope you are all having a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I just discovered you had a blog! It's great! Is so fun for me to find fellow bloggers - your girls are just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That apron is so cute!!! Wonder where its from? You didn't inform your fellow bloggers that your birthday is today, so I thought I would!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have a Martha junior in your house! I hope you got the recipe for the chicken...I'll need that one as well.

    Much love--B

    ReplyDelete