Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Weekend Recap

We had quite an eventful weekend here at the Brown house.  Matt spent most of the weekend getting in some good quality daddy time with Hannah and Lily while I worked at the Junior League's Bargain Carousel.  He did a wonderful job and I came home both Saturday and Sunday evenings to a clean house, children fed and dinner waiting on me.  Makes me think I should get out more often! :)

Bargain Carousel was a huge success...we had over 3500 people through the doors in the first four hours alone! I never would have imagined after organizing all of this for months...





that we would be left with only four tiny little boxes of things that did not sell.  These photos are only from my home decor section...there was also linens, electronics, art, books, furniture - you name it it was there.  It was a big job but well worth the effort because it will fund many wonderful JLB community projects around town.

We did find time to squeeze in two quick trips to the ONB Magic City Art Connection this weekend also.  On our final visit on Sunday we picked up a little something for Lily's room.  It is a mixed media work on paper that incorporates old sewing patterns and vintage buttons into the piece.  I won't show the entire work yet because it is not framed but here are some peeks...




It is by the artist Lisa Norris, aka made by one girl, and I can't wait to share it with you once it is framed and in its new home on Lily's wall.

After such an eventful weekend you would think it would be time to slow down but oh no no.  We are gearing up for an even more exciting weekend beginning this Friday...my sister Bekah's wedding!  We have been anxiously awaiting this weekend and can't believe it is finally here.  I still have much to do to prepare but am looking forward to a weekend filled with family and fun!

I think that this photo pretty much sums up life around here...very busy but...

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures of BC are awesome! I might see if we can use them next year in the Between the Lines. We had no good pictures of it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad I missed the art festival! One day/year I'm going to come back!!!

    ReplyDelete