Thursday, April 22, 2010

This Weekend

Do you have plans this weekend?  I have two great suggestions for those of you looking for something to do here in Birmingham.

The first is the most wonderful art festival around...the ONB Magic City Art Connection.  I have worked with this festival in many capacities over the years and hold it near and dear to my heart.


I blogged about the Magic City Art Connection one year ago here in my very first ever blog post at Our Little Brown House.  This art festival is full of amazing artists, great food and the most wonderful children's art area - the Imagination Festival.  So if you are looking for a great outdoor activity this weekend look no further.  You can find out more info on their website here.

Next up is an activity for my many friends in search of a great bargain.   This coming weekend marks the 30th year of the Junior League of Birmingham's Bargain Carousel.  It is basically a HUGE yard sale and includes items donated by over 1000 members of the Junior League.  I attended the preview party a couple of weekends ago and was able to do some early bird shopping.  I found some great stuff including this chandelier...


It now has a new coat of white paint and will soon be hanging in Lily's room...


I also found these three little pots...


They are brand spankin' new and are from a little boutique shop in downtown Homewood.  I got them for the bargain price of $1.  They were originally $9 each.  I planted some herbs inside and they are now ready for a spot in my kitchen...


There are several more of these little pots for sale and many more bargains to be found.  The proceeds from this sale support the 37 community projects that the Junior League sponsors around Birmingham.

I will be at both of these events this weekend and I hope to see some of you there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment