Sunday, April 18, 2010

four


My sweet girl turned four this past Wednesday and we have been celebrating all week long.  Those are the best kind of birthdays if you ask me.  The kind where the birthday revelry keeps going and going.

Hannah woke up Wednesday morning to these lining the floor...


She followed the trail of candles from her bed all the way to her chair at the kitchen counter...


Once she climbed in to her chair she was greeted with her first Happy Birthday song of the day and these for breakfast...


She is so excited to be four and I am pretty sure she told everyone she saw that it was her birthday.  I loved that all day whenever anyone told her happy birthday her reply was "Happy Birthday to you too!"  I tried explaining that a thank you would do but she was just too excited and continued with her response.  I, of course, didn't continue correcting her because it was just too cute to listen to her reply.

After supper she had what might be every four year old's dream cake for dessert...



A mint chocolate chip ice cream cake topped with lots of sprinkles, whipped cream and oreos and under all the ice cream was a layer of chocolate syrup and chocolate graham cracker crust.  Good good and more good!  Nana was here for this birthday celebration and Hannah was thrilled to share her cake with Nana.

On Thursday Hannah celebrated turning four with her classmates at school.  She came home with this little bear as a prize and I am pretty sure that you could not have made her more happy if you had given her the moon.


The third and final celebration was yesterday with Bebe and Grandad.  We topped off a good lunch with these yummy cupcakes from a bakery down the street.  They were hands down the best cupcakes I have ever eaten and each was handpicked by the birthday girl herself.



It has been quite a fun and special week for all of us.  I love this little girl so much and there is nothing better to me than celebrating such a wonderful, beautiful life.  Four years ago I could never have imagined how much more fulfilled, more challenging, more fun, more loving life could be.  I am so thankful for Hannah and all the love and laughter that she has brought to our family.

3 comments:

  1. Sarah, you're the best Mom ever! :) I LOVE reading your updates because it always inspires me to be a better, more intentional mommy. Please tell Hannah HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Hannah! She is so adorable and so lucky to be a Brown! Hope you continue to have a happy celebratory birthday month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I hope a certain soon-to-be-31-year-old gets the same cake and cupcakes for her birthday (I'll take the pancakes too;-) Mmmmm, mmmm, mmmmmmmm!! What a lucky 4 year my beautiful niece is!!!!
    I'm so very glad nana, bebe and grandad were there to celebrate. I'm very sorry Diva had to take my place this year but I won't miss the next one...grad school will be over by then!
    Is she practicing walking in her dress and dropping flowers? 12 days now...
    Much love--Bekah

    ReplyDelete