Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Why God Gave Us Playpens

This sweet angel and I have spent some quality time at home together the past few days...



We have both been under the weather and stuck inside for way too long.  How do I know it has been too long?  This is what transpired in about a 15 minute period this afternoon...

Lily trying to eat my shoe...


Lily trying to eat the lamp base...


Lily trying to eat the lamp cord (don't worry it wasn't plugged in)...


Lily reaching for the phone that you can't see on the bed...


 Lily getting mad and showing her teeth because she can't reach the phone on the bed...


She then took a little breather on Hannah's tool set...



If Lily is not getting in to something these days you can find her on the nearest stool/toy/etc. swinging her foot back and forth.

Then it was straight back to business.  Here she is exiting the bathroom which is a definite no no on the list of places we play...



Please don't worry.  I usually have the door closed so she can't wander in but today it happened to be open and I promise I was watching the whole time.

Also, please know that I have tried teethers, toys, books, you name it to entertain this child.  If it does not involve chewing on cords or shoes, playing with a phone or in the bathroom she is really not interested. Each time she does one of these things I gently say "Lily no no" and she replies with a great stinker smile and goes right back to what she is doing.  I personally think this is just a small preview of what is yet to come from this little one.  We are definitely in for some fun and I can't wait!  Thankfully we are both well and ready to resume life in the outside world tomorrow.

Oh and finally I have to share her new trick...




That's right she is standing on her own.  Next up walking.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! What a great little explorer! Here's a trick I tried with Mr. H at that age...put a safe item in a reachable spot and say something like "No touching this ...I hope Lily doesn't get this..." Of course, this only works for a little while before you have to get serious about discipline, but it's fun and big siblings get a kick out of tricking little siblings into playing with safe things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Lily...just like her mother in some ways...red hair, teeth and characteristics (S.T.U.B.B.O.R.N./nobody's going to tell me what to do ;-)

    I'm glad your (finally) giving the playpen a chance! I heard Lily enjoys using her imagination and playing by herself, not having to worry about the MINE-osaurus taking toys away.

    Much love--B

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Stinker smile" LOL Describes Miss Lily well. She is going to keep you hopping for quite a while! What a cutie... definitely has a personality all her own. Miss you all.. Love, Bebe

    ReplyDelete
  4. God also gave you a mother to nag you about the benefits of using that playpen:) Where is it?

    ReplyDelete