Monday, October 5, 2009

A Dream Come True

Throughout my life I have always dreamed big. I have had big aspirations for a career, family, home and happy life to name a few. I have been very lucky in so many ways and Matt and I have, with the help of others, been able to reach many of our goals. There are certainly other aspirations that have not been met but now that I am a mother my big dreams no longer seem to focus on myself and my life, they are now centered around my children. My dreams for myself these days would probably seem small and mundane to many but they are still fulfilling to me. For example...


That's right a porch swing. I have for several years now wanted one and I happened across this swing on Craigslist a couple of weeks ago. I snatched it up immediately and Matt installed it for me over the weekend. I envision our family sitting on this swing curled up under a blanket this fall watching the leaves blow and our neighbors walking by. I can't wait to have a cup of tea on this swing in the morning and enjoy the quiet or a glass of wine at night while Matt and I talk about our day. Yes, porch swing, I have big plans for you and I look forward to enjoying my little dream fulfilled.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! The swing looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hip, hip, hooray!! Could you have a better, more handy husband? I think not!!!!

    It's the little things in life sister that often make us the happiest. (Remember the flowers way back when?) I'm glad you got your swing and life is better! I can't wait to swing with my two favorite nieces on my next visit!!!!!!!!!!!

    Much love--B

    ReplyDelete