Thursday, October 22, 2009

Something Blue and a Date


It has been a whirlwind of a week which is nothing new around here. I won't bore you with all of the details but I will give you a few highlights. While Hannah was in school Lily and I took a little road trip to Hartselle, Alabama...



We met my mom and bride-to-be sister, Bekah, to do a little wedding dress shopping.  I know I can't share pictures but let me just tell you - my sister is going to make a beautiful bride.  Bekah has several great choices for dresses but has not made a final decision yet.  I was fine with that because it just means another dress shopping day for me.  I think that looking for a wedding dress was one of my favorite parts of planning my wedding and it was really hard to not sneak in the dressing room to try on a dress or two myself while we were there.

Lily had a great time.  She spent some time in front of the mirrors practicing her standing...


She is really working on standing up by herself and my favorite part of watching her practice is seeing her little tongue stick out as she concentrates.  Sadly, this is where my camera batteries died.  I was not prepared so that was the end of picture taking for the day.  We had a fun couple of hours after we left the dress shop shopping, eating and visiting.  I am so glad that we will get to do it again soon when we go back for final decision time!

Now that Hannah is a big sister and is in "real school" there is not a whole lot of just Mommy and Hannah time around here.  Today, however, Hannah's school dismissed early and, since Lily was at Mom's Day Out, Hannah and I went on a "date."  I picked her up from school and we made our first stop...lunch...


 
We sat outside and enjoyed a beautiful afternoon - just the two of us.  There is nothing better than a conversation with a 3 year old if you ask me.  She kept me thoroughly entertained.

Our next stop was her favorite...



Now, if you know me then you know that candy is a VERY rare treat in our house but this great store was just around the corner and who can resist this...



 

I loved seeing the amazement in Hannah's eyes...truly a kid in a candy store moment.  Hannah chose these...



and I chose these...



Mine are dark chocolate covered pomegranate seeds - two super foods I might add.  They are wonderful!  The time spent with Hannah, though, was the best treat of all.



We are getting ready for a big yard sale on Saturday so I will be back soon with a report.  Keep your fingers crossed that we sell sell sell!

2 comments:

  1. So, you didn't get that picture with mom and me? Well, we'll retake it the next time when/IF they actually have the dress we drive ALL that way to see/try on/purchase!!!!!!!

    I'm glad you FINALLY allowed Hannah to enjoy some sugar...candy sugar that is! I'm looking forward to introducing her to the funnel cake :-D Yummmmm....I wish I was eating one now!

    Thanks for making the trip up to Hartselle. Hopefully, they'll actually have the dress in the store the next time!!!

    Much love--Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I love the bow Hannah's wearing! Where did she get that?

    ReplyDelete