Friday, October 2, 2009

Welcome October

It is with much excitement and just a twinge of sadness that we welcome October and, with that, fall into our household. I think that the crisp air, warm foods and beautiful leaves bring a sort of rejuvenation to the soul, don't you? You might think I am a little crazy but October is the start of the holiday season for me...first comes Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas and lastly New Year's. I love preparing for each and every holiday with gusto! October is literally the month that Daddy and I began Raney family Christmas plans every year. He was the only one who would jump on the bandwagon with me this early and looking at him I could always tell that I came by my love of the holidays honestly. October is when I begin preparing for parties, updating my Christmas card list, and thinking about Christmas gifts for family and friends. If my father had had his way everyone would have had their Christmas lists submitted to him by the beginning of this month. Thankfully I have given birth to a 3 year old who is more than happy to oblige my love of the holidays and continue with our traditions.

We have already picked out several pumpkins and I have big plans for them...


our fall wreath is hanging on the door...


and we are celebrating fall's apple harvest today with a homemade apple tart topped with brown sugar and cinnamon...

Delish! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Oh goodness! I love those pictures of Hannah & Lils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures of two very happy little girls and a beautiful tart! Just want to kiss those laughing faces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell me you're going to share your recipe for the apple tart?!?!

    The girls look like they are enjoying the pumpkins....what are your plans sister?

    I look forward to seeing you soon!!!

    Much love to you and your family--B

    ReplyDelete