Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Closer Look

As we readjust to life back in Birmingham after much traveling the past couple of weeks we decided to spend some time outside enjoying a beautiful afternoon. I took my camera hoping to get some good updated pictures of the girls. Lily is changing so quickly, as babies do their first years of life, and I really wanted to capture some good 10 month photos. After perusing my photos tonight I am quickly reminded of how difficult it can be to photograph two young girls on the move. Most all of my pics ended up being of their backs and I was initially a little disappointed. As I started looking closer at the pictures, however, I discovered what a wonderful story can be told from the not quite so obvious.

For instance, I love that this picture reminds me of how Hannah's shirt was on backwards today but she was so very proud of the fact that she put it on all by herself that I did not have the heart to change it.


I also love how that picture and this one show how Lily watches her sister's every move these days...

and then quickly tries to follow after...

They love each other so much (most of the time)...


Lastly, one of my favorite things about a baby is their toes and so today I captured this shot...

I hope to always remember these sweet baby toes and the little ankle rolls that come with them.

3 comments:

  1. What sweet photographs! I love Hannah's pants...wonder who gave those to her?

    As for Miss Lily's toes and ankle rolls...what about the knee rolls that she likes playing with on car rides?

    My nieces are precious and they are so lucky to have each other. One day soon (hopefully ;-) they'll appreciate having such a close friend!!!

    Much love--Sister B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those pics are great! What kind of camera do you use? I think I'm going to ask for a new camera for Christmas and your pics are always really crisp and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Laura! Glad you like the pictures. My camera is a Canon Powershot S2. I really like how it takes pictures outside. It is on my list of things to do (my very long list) to get out the manual and work on my indoor shots. Hope that helps! PS It looks like you had tons of fun at the beach. So jealous!!

    ReplyDelete