Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day fun

We had a great Labor Day weekend in Florence. This was Matt's first trip to Flo-town in about a year so Mom was super excited to have the whole family in town. We spent Saturday and Sunday at the pool. Hannah pulled out her swimmies and we got to splashin'...

Hannah jumped off the diving board for the first time. Here she is sitting on the diving board contemplating...

Lily was a bit wary of the water and spent most of her time floating...

and splashing...


Monday we headed out to the little town of St. Florian, Alabama where my hometown church, St. Michael's, is located.


If you are looking for the best bbq and chicken stew around you should head to St. Michael's for their annual Labor Day picnic. I have such great memories of spending my Labor Day holidays at the picnic, eating bbq and watermelon for lunch, and heading over to a good friend's pool for an afternoon swim. Matt, Hannah and I arrived ready for a bbq sandwich only to find out that they were sold out. Luckily, Mom had gone early in the morning to buy our bbq and stew in bulk so we knew that we had a good lunch waiting when we got home. I wanted Hannah to experience a little of the fun so we headed over to the game area. Hannah went fishin'...

won a guitar...

and got a sucker...

To top off the fun we ran in to my great aunt Cissie who works so hard every year to make the great chicken stew we enjoy so much...


She is a wonderful woman and we were so thankful to get to visit with her. She has promised to teach me how to make her delicious homemade bread next time I come home so we will definitely be back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Chicken stew, chicken stew, it's our favorite thing to do! Remember that jam? We sang it often back in the day!

    I'm glad the girls were able to enjoy the nonpublic pool and fun times at the picnic! I remember all those games and how much fun we used to have. I'm glad Hannah was able to experience that.

    When you go home for cooking lessons I'd like to go too. I'm in desperate need!

    Love to all!!!--B

    ReplyDelete