Thursday, September 10, 2009

Introductions

This week was a week filled with new introductions. Hannah and Lily both began school this week and were introduced to new teachers and classrooms. They posed for a quick picture before we headed out to school on Tuesday...

Both Hannah and Lily had a wonderful first day...they loved their new teachers and had fun with new and old friends.

Today was the second day of school for both girls and I picked Lily up early so that she could meet a special visitor.

My wonderful friend Beth was in town back from her adventures teaching art in Ecuador. Lily had not had the pleasure of meeting Beth and so I thought the two of them should spend a little quality time together before Beth's flight out of town later in the afternoon. Beth came bearing gifts for us all including this great painting by an artist in Ecuador...

and a fun little purse that Hannah has already put to good use...

It is always such a treat to see Beth and we are wishing great things for her as she settles into her new life in Portland, Oregon. Good luck Beth and please come back very soon!!!

1 comment:

  1. Are you waiting on me to comment before you'll write another post? I'm sorry it's taken me thus long. Miss Hannah looks very excited for her first day. I wish all my first graders came in looking/acting like that ;-)

    Can't wait to see the new picture in person! Much love to you and your family--B

    ReplyDelete