Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sharing the Love

I hope you all had Valentine's Day filled with lots of love and lots of fun!  Our day was full of both and the fun included class party duties for both Hannah and Lily at school.

I was in charge of cupcakes for Hannah's party and so this little face...


and these little hands....


helped me to prepare candy cane toppers...


for these little cupcakes...


We also made our own valentine's for classmates.  In the weeks leading up to Valentine's Day I saw a ton of handmade valentine's that I wanted to try.  I ended up, like last year, borrowing our idea from Skip to My Lou...


They were a little more work than I thought they were going to be but it was for a good cause.
 
Matt was actually out of town for Valentine's Day :( and so Hannah and Lily were filled in for their dad.  They are pretty cute valentines if you ask me...



 They are also pretty funny Valentines...



and are always reminding me that I must be on my toes when I am alone for several days by myself with them.  They each got a new pony for a little Valentine's Day surprise and Hannah requested that, since she sat so nicely for the above pictures, I take some photos of her friends too.  The things I do for my pictures.





From left to right that's Toola Roola, Flip (the cat), Sweetie Belle, and Pinkie Pie.  Sweetie Belle and Pinkie Pie are the newest members of our family.  They need their hair brushed I know.

Happy day after Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Very happy to meet Sweetie Belle and Pinkie Pie. We heard good things about both of them yesterday!
    Love you all, Bebe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed with your baking creativity? Who gave you the idea and how did you find candy canes at this time of year? ;-D

    I love your valentine idea...might borrow that one for next year. I used the butterfly valentine for my students this year and it worked well!

    Looking forward to playing with those ponies very soon! Much love--B

    ReplyDelete