Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mother's Luncheon

I don't know if any of you fellow bloggers do this or not but once I go a few days without blogging I get writer's block.  I have had a really bad case of writer's block/sick kids/out-of-town guests/messy house/pretty weather/my first trip away from my children in 2 years/...  I could go on and on but obviously I have a lot to cover so I better get started on my recap of what we have been up to over the past week and a half.  I thought that last weeks Mother's Luncheon with Hannah might be a nice place to begin.  This luncheon has been on Hannah's school calendar for the past month and we have both been looking forward to it.  Each week I could see via the calendar that Hannah and the other children were preparing feverishly to make this a very special day...the class was baking rolls and cookies, cutting vegetables, making super secret artwork and practicing songs that seemed to be on repeat in Hannah's brain week after week.

The day of the luncheon finally arrived and I went up the stairs of the school to the hallway by Hannah's classroom.  The doors to the classroom were closed and each mother was asked to knock on the door and enter the classroom one at a time.  It was my turn so I knocked and Hannah's teacher opened the door and let me in.  I was greeted by a class of little faces sitting quietly in their chairs and eagerly watching to see if it was their mother's turn to walk through the door.  I looked down and Hannah was by my side handing these to me...

 

I took my beautiful handmade flowers from her and she took my hand and let me to my seat.  After all the mothers were seated each child left the room and came back in carrying a plate of delicious food...  

  

Once the mother's were all served we were then entertained by some of the cutest kids I have ever seen (if I do say so myself)...

  

  

Oh and I can't forget my favorite part.  When we arrived we were greeted in the hallway with a portrait...

  

and underneath each child answered some questions about their mother...

 

My favorite answers are that I am "2 years old" and "My mommy is a worker in the garage with my daddy.  He works on cars and they are car workers."  Hannah's teacher now thinks we are a family of car mechanics.  Matt is just excited he got a shout out from Hannah on my special "My Mommy" paper. :)

Be back with more soon...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! You and Matt...car mechanics...which is a great profession but just not yours or Matt's profession...although you two would be perfect mechanics if you wanted to be. We have a nice white car and a tan avalon that might need some work ;-D Let me know when you open your shop!

    Isn't it so nice to know you are appreciated at such a young age. If only my students were so lucky to have a mother who sang to them, read them books and peeled them fruit even when they didn't want them to. You are a FABULOUS mother and Hannah realizes it at the age of 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious! Love you all, Bebe

    ReplyDelete