Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Celebrating our anniversary

This past Saturday Matt and I celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary.  It was a great day of remembering how special and fun our wedding ceremony and reception were, looking at how far we have come in such a short amount of time and sharing some of this with Hannah and Lily.  We pulled out the wedding album to show our girls pictures of our ceremony and reception...

 

  

 

February 7, 2004 was a fantastic day from the start.  I will never forget pulling up to the church that morning and it began to lightly snow all around us.  It was almost a magical feeling.  Well I have to share with you all that this past Sunday morning, February 7, 2010 as I walked into Sunday Mass a light snow began to fall again.  It was a great feeling...one in which I had to immediately say a huge "Thank you Lord!"  What a wonderful start to my day!

Even prior to the arrival of snow my anniversary had gotten off to a good start with the discovery of this on my doorstep...


It was filled with beautiful lilies from Matt.  I loved the flowers, the girls loved the box...

 

We spent our anniversary playing with Hannah and Lily, baking bread and enjoying the many blessings of marriage and family life.   Our day was topped off with a good dinner served on our "fancy" china. Dessert was molten lava cakes with real whipped cream.  I have included a link to the recipe from the Pioneer Woman's website.  If you only make one thing that I suggest on this blog you should choose this.  It is VERY easy and it is delicious.  I am not exaggerating when I tell you I wish I was eating it right this very second.

  

Lily wishes she had the whipped cream right this very second...
 

Okay folks...I am off to watch Lost with my hubby.  Have a good night!

1 comment:

  1. Oh sister...CONGRATS again on celebrating your 6th anniversary!!! I loved looking back at your pictures...you were such a beautiful bride!!! As I mentioned on Matt's birthday post, we are so very fortunate to have Matt as a member of our family!!

    Thanks for posting the recipe so I didn't have to ask. I'll be testing that one out soon...possibly this weekend.

    I miss my nieces and Tigger and Bunny and those sweet little, soft hands so very much. Hopefully, I'll be able to stop by and see them in a couple of weeks!!!!

    ReplyDelete