Tuesday, November 9, 2010

An Art-filled Weekend

We spent this past weekend enjoying one of our favorite art festivals around - the Moss Rock Festival.  The art festival is held each year in November right outside of Birmingham in The Preserve, a beautiful Hoover neighborhood.  I love this neighborhood because all of the houses are built using classic American style architecture.  I am a sucker for architecture and am a big fan of old homes with a great history (which is why we own the house we do.)   The interesting thing about The Preserve is it is a new neighborhood built using styles of the past...mixing the best of the old with the best of the new.  I still prefer homes with a history but if you want new this is definitely the way to go.

We spent Saturday at Moss Rock enjoying a really sunny, really cold day outside playing with hula hoops, creating some works of art ourselves, wandering around houses with walls made from recycled materials, making music and more!  Sunday we were back for more spending some time walking around checking out the artist booths and admiring their creations.  We had a great time and enjoyed what I consider to be the perfect fall weekend.









Such fun with my family!  And speaking of fun...tomorrow Lily turns the big "2"!  Today my thoughts keep turning to how on this day 2 years ago I was on laying on my left side in the bed on bed rest and daydreaming about meeting my little girl.  I am looking forward to celebrating two wonderful years with my little Lils tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Lily Virginia! I'm so very sad I'm not celebrating in B'ham with you but look forward to celebrating very soon!
    I love you very much and save a cupcake for me!!!

    Aunt Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun, but COLD! AS always, great pictures. Happy Birthday Lils, and we are looking forward to seeing both Hannah and Lily at Thanksgiving. Love, Grandad

    ReplyDelete