Monday, November 22, 2010

Gettin' Ready

We are preparing for a large crew of guests here at our little Brown house this week to celebrate Turkey Day!


I think that I have mentioned a few bazillion times before that we LOVE the holidays around here and hosting our families for Thanksgiving is such fun for us.  Now don't get me wrong, I can get a little stressed, (just ask my sweet and oh-so accomodating hubby) but I try to get things organized and started early so that the stress stays to a minimum.

The decorating is mostly done with our cornucopia taking center stage...


along with our thankful tree...



Each night after supper we write something we are thankful for on one of the maple leaves and add it to our tree.  I really like these branches because once we are done with Thanksgiving we will switch gears and use it for our Jesse tree.

I am loving the fact that Hannah and Lily are home with me this week and they are helping with all the preparations.  Hannah came home from her school Thanksgiving feast with this cute hat and tom tom....



I love the Indian name she chose for herself...Lily Flower.  Wonder where that came from? :)

I am trying to do my best to not rush this week away.  The holidays always seem to fly by so we are trying to slow things down and make the most of each one.  With that in mind we are making sure to take some time out this week and make our own fun Thanksgiving day crafts that I will share later.  Hannah and Lily are also enjoying spending some time with their new Thanksgiving books that arrived in the mail last week from Bebe and Grandad...


I hope you are all enjoying the start of your Thanksgiving week as much as we are!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Found this one quickly! Looks like a fun week.. can't wait to get there to share it with my Lily Flower and my Lily Bug. :o) Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tree!! Can't wait for Thursday, see you then!!!

    ReplyDelete