Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A visit from Granny & Blueberry Crumb Bars

We had a special visitor stop in our little Brown house recently...my Granny.  My mom's parents, better known as Granny and Grampa, live in Atlanta, Ga and even though that is not so very far away we rarely are able to make the trip these days with two little ones.  Mom went to Atlanta for a visit and then brought Granny back with her to could spend the week in my hometown of Florence, AL.  They stopped by on their way to Florence.

Here I am with Mom and Granny...


I am pretty sure that the baby blues on Granny are at least partly responsible for these pretty blue eyes...


Hannah and Lily had a great time showing off for Granny and I enjoyed visiting with her and talking babies, recipes, gardening and such.


While Granny was here we had a quick lunch and I made these for dessert...



They are blueberry crumb bars from Smitten Kitchen.  Granny gave them two thumbs up.  Yummy!

We had a fun time and hope to return the visit soon.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great picture of you, mom and Granny! She's looking good these days.

    So, if I click on the works "Smitten Kitchen" is that going to give me the recipe? You know how I am about recipes!!

    ReplyDelete