Tuesday, January 19, 2010

So Fortunate

We had reason to celebrate this past weekend. Matt turned the big 3-4 and so to celebrate I made him his favorite Chinese dish, moo shu pork, and topped off dinner with homemade fortune cookies...



I am very fortunate to have such a great husband and so I thought this would be a very appropriate way to end our meal.  The cookies were really simple to make and I found the recipe here.  I personalized my own messages but you can use the ones Alpha Mom provides if you like.  It took a couple of tries to get the shape right but once I got the hang of it it was a breeze.  They would be a great way to celebrate Valentine's Day or Chinese New Year with your family.

Being the great dad that he is, Matt wanted to spend his birthday with his girls so we went to the McWane Center, our local science museum.  Hannah and Lily had a great time playing...



 

and Hannah got to meet one of her all-time favorite monkeys...

 

I think a happy day was had by all!

4 comments:

  1. Well now those cookies are so cool!! You are so talented. But you forgot to tell everyone what Matt's fortune said?

    Hannah looks a little wary sitting beside George. I'm sure she must have been a little nervous to finally meet him in person...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Moo shu pork and fortune cookies! Sounds wonderful. You're right.. you have a wonderful husband who is a wonderful dad, but he is very fortunate as well to have you and the girls. Love to all. Bebe

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Not sure.. is that the man in the yellow hat or maybe the boy in the yellow hat. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're quite the cook aren't you sister? I'm still waiting on the delicious vegetable soup recipe. I know you'll find time to post it soon right?

    So glad you all had fun celebrating Matt's b'day. Where are the pictures of him celebrating? ;-D

    Much love--B

    ReplyDelete