Sunday, January 10, 2010

One Word

I have one word for you and it is C-O-L-D.  That's right cold.  I am a bit of a wimp with it comes to the cold but I really do think that with wind chills in the single digits you all must agree that it is too cold to even step foot outside.

We have been drinking a lot of this...



and eating a lot of this...

 

There is nothing like some good hot chocolate and veggie soup to keep you warm on the inside. 

The forecast of snow kept Hannah and Lily home from school last Thursday and they patiently waited...

 

and waited...

 

and waited...



for the snow to arrive.  While we waited we made a snow globe with an empty jar and a Christmas ornament...



 and read one of our favorite books...


 
Finally on Friday the snow arrived...

 

 

While Lily took a warm and cozy nap inside, Hannah and I slipped outside to play...

 

 

 

I don't know what would have happened if the snow had not arrived.  Hannah had talked about it for days and she really was so very patient.  It was worth the wait for her.  She twirled, ran and jumped - making the most of the little time we were able to spend outside.  Our hands were about to fall off they were so cold so we quickly headed back inside for another cup of hot chocolate to warm us up. 

The snow didn't last long but the cold certainly has...

 

We are keeping our fingers crossed for warmer temperatures very soon. 

Wishing you a warm and toasty start to your week!!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had fun! I think you all had more snow than us!!

    Are you going to share your recipe for the delicious vegetable soup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrr... looks cold!! Glad you all had fun. The snow is so exciting. Loved seeing you all on Saturday. The girls both get more enchanting every time we see them. Love, Bebe

    ReplyDelete
  3. That soup looks so good! I wish I could have played in the snow... we didn't really get that much.

    Also, I like Bekah's use of "you all".

    Talk to you all soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Rachel...I noticed I used "you all" a little too much. Thanks for pointing that out! I can always count on you two!

    ReplyDelete