Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Recap

It has been a while since my last post but I promise there are no bon bons in my house and tush has rarely made it to the couch. I sort of feel like we have been the family of four version of the energizer bunny...we have been going and going and going.

Here is a quick recap of the past couple of weeks...

The Thursday before Thanksgiving I attended Hannah's Thanksgiving performance at her school.  The kids did a great job of showing off their musical and artistic talents.  Here is "Rising Sun" Hannah...



The program was a great beginning to our Thanksgiving festivities.  With Hannah and Lily out of school we filled our time with as many outings a possible including a trip to the zoo one very chilly afternoon. The zoo is one of Hannah's favorite excursions but it was extra fun this time because Lily was really aware of all of the animals. Lily pointed a lot and let out quite a few excited "duh duh duhs" which is her version of dog. 














My mom and Bekah arrived on Tuesday of Thanksgiving week and I was oh so very excited. That night Matt, Bekah and I headed out to hear our friend Nordan's band play for the very first time.



I have to tell you that literally I cannot remember the last time I have been to a bar. The band was great, we saw friends we had not seen in a while and I was home at a decent hour. It was a great evening for sure!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day and you will have to take my word for it yet again. I played hostess and my camera duties went out the door. Bekah did capture these photos which show how relaxed our day was...


 

Hannah chose her outfit and Lily stayed in her pajamas. I did dress them for our meal of course but I think this epitomizes our low key holiday. Matt's family and mine came to Birmingham for the festivities. Matt smoked a VERY delicious turkey and everyone contributed something to the meal including my sister Rachel who made this delicious acorn squash pie...



It was a great day and I am very thankful for each and every person that was here with us.
 
My mom was the last to leave on Sunday :( and with Thanksgiving officially over we have had quite a bit of Christmastime cheer already.  I will be back soon with a post about a magical train ride, a special evergreen wreath, a calendar full of surprise and cheer and a tree of Biblical proportions - and this is only Dec. 1!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should post a video of Rising Sun saying hello to us all in her native tongue.
    After seeing the first picture you posted of Hannah and Lily in the their pjs, Rachel and I both think Miss Lily is a spitting image of her mother back in the day. And, we both agreed...Hannah has a future in the fashion business. Watch out!!!

    With love--B

    PS. I think you should post the recipe for the squash pie. It was delish!!!

    ReplyDelete