Monday, August 10, 2009

Lily Bug

Today's post is all about our little Lily in honor of her 3/4 birthday.



I am just amazed at how quickly time passes and at how much such a small person can accomplish in the first 9 months of her life. Actually most of these accomplishments occurred in the past month. Let me list them for you:

sat up
crawled (still on her belly)
cut two teeth
FINALLY learned to eat (& like) baby food
pulled up to standing
said da-da
slept through the night (ok it was just for 2 nights but hey it was 2 nights!)

She has also learned to point her little chubby index finger. This is my favorite thing that she is doing right now. Lily makes a fist and stares at it as hard as she can for about 10 seconds. Then you see that little index finger start to straighten out. She keeps staring at her hand until finally her finger is completely straight. Then she looks up at me with the biggest grin as to say "Look at what I did!" I love it!!! Oh, and the best part is if you point your index finger at her she will do it back to you. Try it next time you see her...it is a lot of fun.


My sweet Lily is a total Mama's girl but she is starting to assert some independence and let me get some things done around the house without her on my hip. Lily and Hannah have actually been spending some time playing together on the floor and it is just the most wonderful thing to watch. I love to pretend I am doing something else while they play and then peek around the corner and just watch them begin to interact together. Being a sister is such a special thing and I love to see the bond beginning to form even this early on. Hannah has asked me often in these first months when Lily is going to be able to play with her and the time is finally arriving. In full disclosure I should mention that Lily and Hannah's "playing" is not always giggling and sisterly fun. Lily has some red in her hair and with that red hair comes quite a temper. Hannah is still learning that all toys in the house do not belong to her and each time she takes a toy from Lily her little temper flares. Let me tell you - you do not want to be around when Lily gets mad but if you ever do find yourself present for one of these moments just remember it helps to cover your ears.

I thought I would share a couple of Lily's milestones with videos. Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. So Precious... I miss my babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my sweet PRECIOUS neice! I love her monogrammed outfit...finally something that isn't...H~A~N~N~A~H ;-) Sister, that first picture is you. I'm amazed at how much she resembles her beautiful mother in that picture. I think you began your teething venture with two teeth in that same place.

    The videos brought tears to my eyes...I LOVE them so very much! I'm looking forward to seeing you all VERY soon!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete