Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Eat your veggies

Every Wednesday afternoon I open the front door and find this on my doorstep...


As if receiving a package isn't excitement enough this is what is inside....


Isn't it beautiful? And that is not all...these come too...

The box is full of a weekly supply of wonderful vegetables plus eggs delivered right to our door. I have been meaning to tell you about this for some time now but these two keep sidetracking me with their cuteness...


Several months ago we signed up for Grow Alabama's weekly delivery of fresh, organic fruits and vegetables grown by farmers right here in Alabama. I love that this is the freshest, healthiest food that we can give our family and that we are supporting our local farmers. Hannah and Lily both love veggies and this is a great way for them to explore what our great state has to offer. Lily's favorite is a cucumber slice. It makes a great teether for those poor little gums...


Oh and Grow Alabama posts a video or two on youtube weekly where Chef Bob shows us how to cook some of the produce we receive. For instance, last week he showed us a simple recipe for grilled okra that I can't wait to try. They also have a wonderful online store for subscribers where you can purchase local, organically grown trout, lamb, and veal. You can also get goat cheese, wonderful olive oils and lots more. Here is a link for more info on Grow Alabama. I am pretty sure they deliver anywhere from Huntsville all the way to Montgomery right now. I hope I don't sound like an infomercial but I really do think this is a great program and I am so excited about it that I had to share.

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me to thank you for the wonderful veggies. I used the last of the onions last night and they were great! Hope your dad is better. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm sooooo glad you FINALLY shared this info with us! When will they deliver watermelon?

    I love the picture of the girls sitting side by side...sisterly love!

    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous! They don't deliver to Auburn, yet. Your girls are adorable, as always!

    ReplyDelete