Monday, July 6, 2009

Home again, Home again


Well we are back from a fantastic week at the beach. To be completely honest I was not ready to come home but all good things must come to an end and so here we are back in Birmingham. As I mentioned in the last post every year we spend a week at a little hole in the wall part of Florida known as Port St. Joe/Mexico Beach. My family has done this for as long as I can remember and it is a treat. Thanks to articles like this one and several others it is not quite as quiet anymore but we love it. This year we were there with my wonderful mother...

sister Rachel...

sister Bekah and her fiance Hugh...


and my aunt Beth and uncle Eddie (who I forgot to get a pic of) and their 3 bathing beauties...


otherwise known as Julia...


Rebekah...


and Ella...


My aunt, Susan, lives in Port St. Joe with her family so we spent some quality time with them....

We had a blast. Hannah has been talking about this trip for the past 6 months - seriously - and I don't think she was disappointed. She played in the water...


she played in the sand...



she had daily popsicles with her cousins...


she held the sand beetles her aunt Bekah dug from the sand...


she ran from the Hugh alligator who kept terrorizing the little ones from the ocean...


she flew a kite...



Lily had a big time too...


Those of you who are mothers know that there is nothing like having an extra pair of hands around to help with a baby. Well I was lucky enough to have sometimes more than 5 extra pairs of hands. It was great.


When Lily wasn't being held she was playing on the beach. She started scooting while we were there and I am expecting her to be full out crawling any day now. I had a big blanket on the sand for her to play in but she kept scooting to the edge and trying to eat the sand...


We got smart and put her blanket in a baby pool and she had a big time - without the sand...


This was a much needed vacation and Matt and I are back feeling much more rested. There is nothing like the beach and family for a little summer pick me up. We are counting down the days until next year!!

1 comment:

  1. Lots of cute pics! My nieces are beautiful and SO MUCH FUN!!! I miss the beach but I miss Hannah and Lily more ;-) Time for a visit to Nashville?!?!

    Thanks for your help with the pictures of Hugh and I. When do you think you'll have time to send those to me? :-D

    Much love--B

    ReplyDelete