Monday, July 27, 2009

Back to the Beach

We were lucky enough to get to return to the beach for a second time this summer. This time we went for a quick weekend trip with Matt's parents, Bebe and Grandad. Our view from the condo was absolutely beautiful...

The water was literally swimming pool clear which is how I like it - no wondering what is underneath your feet. Unfortunately, Hannah got sick while we were there and she nor Lily wanted to sleep. I spent a lot of time inside trying to coax one child or the other to sleep and not much time photographing. I did get this one of Lily...

The girls got some quality time with their grandparents and that is what is important. Matt and I did get to sneak away for about an hour Saturday night to the outlet mall. I heard a rumor that Restoration Hardware had opened a clearance center at Silver Sands and I had to see if it was true. If you are in Destin I highly recommend that you stop by...it is fabulous. You need some time to rummage through everything but we were able to find some great light fixtures and bath fixtures. They even had a chandelier I have been looking at for the past several months for 60% off! Definitely worth the visit if you are in town.

Since I didn't get an opportunity to take many photos I thought I would share these that I took at the zoo last week. We went so that Hannah could play at the splash pad. It was a little busy and Hannah took it all in from here...

She also spent some time sitting on her friend the lizard...

We took a quick spin on the carousel...

before it was time to go home. We always love a trip to the zoo!

This is Hannah and Lily's last week of school until September so we have plenty of adventures planned for August. Be back soon!

2 comments:

  1. So your vaca was not relaxing huh? At least you got to go to your favorite store and pick out a few new items for the house! Where will the chandelier be hanging from...don't tell me the ceiling b/c I know that much...what room?

    Did Lily go to the zoo? You didn't put up any pics of her with you all! ;-)

    Love you--B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister...I reread my comment and wanted to clarify. I know it was relaxing and fun b/c you were at the beach and spending time with family. I just know it's a little harder when your babies are not feeling well.

    Love ya--B

    ReplyDelete