Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bargain Central

As promised, I thought I would show you all my two bargains from the yard sale that I mentioned in my last post. The first is these...

Now hold on. I know you are all probably going eeewwwww! Don't worry... I am going to change the fabric. My plan was to make two headboards for Hannah's room from scratch but then I saw these two already done. I could not resist and have saved myself the time and energy of having to get the plywood, batting, etc. Now all that needs to be done is to change out the fabric and they will be done. Hip hip hooray!

The second bargain is what stayed glued to Hannah's sweet little face for the entire weekend...


While I was checking out the headboards Hannah was checking out this pink Little Tykes digital camera. She ran up to me so excited about her find and I proceeded to ask the owner if the camera worked. She said no...her kids had used it once, she had lost the instructions, cords, etc and she knew nothing about it other than she had paid $50 for it. We paid a $1 for it thinking it was worth a dollar whether it worked or not. We brought it home popped in some new batteries, found a cord that worked and voila - Hannah has a perfect, almost brand new digital camera of her very own. She then began to pay me back for every time I ever made her smile for the camera. Lily, Matt and I became her photographic subjects as she followed us around saying "say cheese" all day. Here are a few examples of her work...



I think my mother might have passed along her talent for chopping off heads in her photos. Her pictures actually do get better as the days progress. Who knows maybe this $1 camera will lead to her future as a famous photographer!

I am not sure if I will ever get a photo of Hannah's face again. Every time I try to take a picture of her she puts her camera to her face and takes a picture of me. For instance, this is me trying to take a picture of her when we arrived at Sloss Furnaces...

and here is another of me trying to get her in the "tunnel"...

...a little hard to make out but believe me when I say it is once again me taking a picture of her taking a picture of me. Oh well, maybe you will get to see Hannah's face in pictures again when some of the excitement of the camera wears off!

1 comment:

  1. Those are good finds! Love her camera shots...definitely a budding photographer!

    ReplyDelete