Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mudder's Day

My favorite word that Hannah says right now happens to be "mudder." For example, "Mudder, could you get me..." or "Mudder please help me..." I have been so blessed with two wonderful girls that I love so much.


There is nothing more special, fulfilling, or challenging than being a mother to my children. It is so nice to have a day where moms are recognized for the things that we all do but I have spent much of today reflecting on what it means to be a mom and how children are truly gifts from God. Much of my day is spent laughing at the little funny things that come out of Hannah's mouth or at the gummy smiles that Lily makes and so often I am just amazed at how much children add to our lives - more than I would have ever imagined. I am so blessed to be a mother and on this very special occasion I would like to wish all "mudders" or as we are more well known, mothers, out there a wonderful day.

I also would like to wish a very special little girl a happy half birthday! Lily is officially 6 months old today!! I can't believe how quickly this sweet baby is growing. She is rolling over, laughing out loud, trying out sounds and before we know it she will be walking and talking. I thought I would share a few pics of Lily 6 months ago and Lily today...


Lily when she was just days old...

Lily is still little but she has come a long way from her tiny birth weight of 5 lbs 5 oz...

She loves her toes these days! She is thiiiiissssss close to getting them where she really wants them...in her mouth...

And, finally, my favorite pic of the day...

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated half birthday Miss Lils!!! LOVE the pictures and the updates. Keep them coming!!! Much love to my nieces and their parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Browns!
    Love your blog!

    How 'bout a post with some new house photos?!

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete