Friday, June 11, 2010

Meeting in the Middle

My sister, Bekah, and her husband of 1 month and 11 days, Hugh, live in newly married wedded bliss in Nashville, TN. 


Nashville is 3 hours away from Birmingham and Birmingham just happens to be where Bekah's favorite older sister lives. Hugh is originally from Magee, MS which is about 4 hours away from Birmingham and is where Hugh's sweet parents, Kim and Alfred, still reside.


Bekah and Hugh have a dog named Cooper that they received as an early wedding gift...


He is a labradoodle and he is very glad his parents are finally married.  Cooper also loves his summer haircut that he received before the picture above was taken.  He is usually nice and fluffy but now he is cool and comfy.

So Bekah and Hugh went on a belated honeymoon last week to Jamaica and Hugh's kind parents agreed to dogsit Cooper for the week.  Hugh met his parents in Birmingham to drop off Cooper before they left for the honeymoon and last Sunday Birmingham was chosen again as sort of a mid point for Cooper's grandparents to return him to his mama and daddy.

I was so excited when Bekah sent me the email from her swanky beach resort to let me know they would be coming for a little visit when they returned home. Mom was already planning on being here to stay with us while Matt went out of town for work so all I needed was my baby sister, Rachel, to make this visit perfect.


I have not had both my sisters under my roof in a really long time and so I gave Rachel, who also lives in Nashville a call. Rachel is in school and had a big test this week but she caved and agreed to hitch a ride with Bekah and Hugh and study in the car.

Sometimes you just miss your sisters and need a good visit to make things all better.  Everyone met here for lunch and for a little belated birthday celebration for Mom.  My heart was very happy to have these three playing with my girls and sitting on our porch swing...


 Our cousin Lauren and her husband, Chase, joined in on the fun too.

 

With my girls entertained by so many people I could actually walk around and take some pictures.  It was quite a treat...
 

 


 



 


The day was over way too soon but I am so glad for even these quick visits from family.  I am hoping for another visit from my sisters in the near future and this time overnight bags better be included :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh...what a sweet post sister! I REALLY enjoyed my visit with you and the family. Matt's hamburgers were sooooo delicious too!! We're both very fortunate to have husbands who know how to cook ;-)
    On a different note, you took our "engagement" photos and we've never seen them...would you mind sending them our way along with these pictures?
    Much love to my older sister who's about to become older in 4 days!!!
    Your younger sister--B

    ReplyDelete