Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mama's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mothers out there!  I have had a nice day here at our little Brown house spent with my husband and two precious little ones.  My day actually could not have started any better.  That was my exact thought as Hannah crawled into my bed this morning, snuggled close, and put one hand on each of my cheeks.  She just laid there, right next to me, with her hands on my cheeks not saying anything but just kind of looking off in the distance like she was in deep thought.  It was a sweet moment and a nice way to start the day. 

Hannah and Lily both made me little handprint Mother's Day gifts, which I will treasure.  They also gave me with this doormat that I have been wanting to help keep the dirt where it belongs....


The final gift, that my family so sweetly gave me, I have to pick out myself.  It is a large flower pot that will sit on my front porch next to my new doormat.  I knew that this would be my Mother's Day present prior to today and have been looking for some time now for just the right container.  I can't decide and so this gift will have to wait until I make up my mind...which, of course, could take some time knowing me and my decision making skills. 

After church we spent the rest of the day spreading quite a bit of this in our back yard...


and turning these ugly 'naners...


into yummy banana bread...


Banana bread is Hannah's favorite thing to bake right now and I sometimes think that she could eat the whole loaf if I left her alone with it.  It crossed my mind today as Hannah and I were baking that I grew up loving banana bread that was made for me as a child by my mother and grandmother.  How appropriate that on Mother's Day Hannah and I were spending time in the kitchen continuing a tradition passed down from mother to mother in our family.

We closed our day after supper with a little more yard beautification.  We snazzied up the front planter box with these...



We accomplished quite a bit but just being together was the best part of it all.  I am so thankful for a family who makes me feel appreciated on this special day and also for every day reaffirming how blessed I am to be called "Mama".  I hope that each of you mothers out there feel special, appreciated and blessed on this day too.

1 comment:

  1. That banana bread looks delicious as does the cantaloupe. Hannah and Lily are so lucky to have such a caring, loving and health conscious mother. I'd have 22 perfect children in my classroom if they all had mothers like you :-)

    I hope everyone is beginning to feel better. Much love--Bekah

    ReplyDelete